An inquiry into the use of Creative Arts Therapies with Eating Disorder clients
This is an invitation to Creative Arts Therapists (CAT): Music, Dance/Movement, Art, Drama, and Expressive Arts, to come together to share what you do with others working with this population. As practitioners in these disciplines may work with Eating Disorder clients but not be a member of EDAC-ATAC, this invitation is also to those colleagues of CAT to pass on the invitation and to reflect on the role of CAT within your treatment milieu.
Specifically the questions to be considered:
- Are the arts considered to be a treatment modality within your program?
- Are Creative Arts Therapists part of your treatment team? If so, how many and are they part-time or full-time?
- Are there people who use the arts as a part of their treatment approach who are not Creative Arts Therapists?
For Creative Arts Therapists:
- What is your area of practice and your training background?
- How long and how much of your practice is with Eating Disorder clients?
- What is your approach to working with this population?
- Have you or are you doing research on using the arts in the treatment of Eating Disorders?
Thank you for taking the time to consider these questions.
For more information, please contact:
Melody Newcomb, MTA
Music Therapist Accredited
Masters (candidate) Expressive Arts Therapy Adolescent Eating Disorders Intensive Group Treatment Program Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg, Manitoba firstname.lastname@example.org